Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Joss the Jolly Dog

It has been brought to my attention, that I have been so busy *playing* with our new puppy, that I have neglected to blog about him. Well...

Meet Joss.

If you are at all familiar with puppies, you will know that it's very difficult to get Joss to hold still for a picture. He can be a total wild man. Several times a day, he will go beserk, running around the house like a chicken with his head cut off. I am told that this is normal puppy behavior and that he will grow out of it, but man... He is a serious goober. Joss likes to chew on EVERYTHING, especially hands and clothes, but we are working to curb it. I only expect it to last another few months.

Christmas Day, Joss looked very festive in his bow. Unfortunately, 7 week old puppies have little patience for bows and it was removed soon after. We had my entire family over for Christmas dinner, so we moved Joss's crate up to our bedroom so he could have a quiet zone during the festivities. It worked out fairly well, but we were all glad when things were moved back to normal. Puppies don't really like it when you move their stuff around.

Joss was supposed to sleep in the bed with Dan and me in order to faciltate the bonding process. Unfortunately, the little goober would rather sleep on the floor next to Dan. Joss has comfy bed in the bedroom, but he would rather sleep on Dan's winter coveralls that are kept handy beside the bed for 2AM walkies. Dan decided that the little Prince needed a bed in the living room as well. I think Joss would rather eat it than sleep in it.

Joss's house training is coming along. and along. and along. I am seriously considering changing his name to Puddles. (He also likes to splash in his water bowl. Oh, joy.) I am also thinking about buying stock in the company that produces Nature's Miracle. As the name implies, it is truly miraculous.

Patch and Lily are reserving judgement on the puppy. At this time, all I can say is, they are not pleased. They have both passed the hiding from the puppy stage and have moved into the "Are you talking to ME?!" stage.

We really enjoyed the winter holidays and being able to stay home with puppy. It was very sad when we all had to go back to work and school. I've taken to coming home from work around 10:00AM and taking a 2 hour lunch so we can have lots of walkies and play time. And then Jack gets home around 2:45, so the puppy is not left alone for too long. Jack spends some time tiring him out, and then when Wendy gets home, she does the same so that he will nap while they work on their homework. By the time I get home from work, he's ready to play again.

I'm telling you...Puppies is 'xhausting!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Out of curiosity, how much did the puppies cost from Faith Ridge? I've been talking to Bridget for some time now about puppies (she just sent me pictures of her new litter and they're adorable!), but she keeps leaving my question about how much they cost unanswered.

Your pup looks adorable. Hope he's still doing well. Feel free to reply here or e-mail me at jyndarea@gmail.com